Thursday, July 16, 2009

Scissors Paper Rock

Every night before he goes to bed Collin and I play scissors paper rock. He throws rock and I throw scissors. We play three times and it never changes, we always throw the same things. Last night we played when I got home from my board meeting. The first round I lost because Collin's rock crushed my scissors. The second round I threw scissors again and Collin saw me do it and changed his rock to paper so I won. Then he pretended to cry because he'd lost so we played one more time. This time before we started Collin said "Mom, you throw rock and I'll throw scissors." So I threw rock this time and instead of scissors he threw paper. He laughed and laughed and I laughed with him because it was pretty funny. Until last night I wasn't sure he understood the game but he definitely understands and knows how to play so he wins. It was a good moment. Unfortunately, it was after 9:30 when I got home and Collin wasn't about the go to sleep. It was 11 o'clock before he finally gave in and fell asleep. I put him back to bed many many times between 9:30 and 11 last night he just would not sleep. It was very frustrating so scissors paper rock was my silver lining.

No comments: