So much has been happening lately and its been hard to find an extended period to sit down and write about it all. The biggest happening is that Collin started kindergarten. There was much trepidation leading up to this event, mostly on my part but a fair amount on his as well. It was all for naught. He seems to love it. His teacher is very nice and he has come home every day with a smiley face on his behavior chart. In typical little boy fashion, its like pulling teeth to get him to tell me about his day.
Me: Tell me about your day. What did you do?
Collin: It was good.
Me: Tell me what you learned.
Collin: Nothing.
Me: Ok, who did you sit with at lunch?
Collin: Jacob, Tackle and Mystery.
Me: Who??
I've met Jacob but I have no idea who Tackle or Mystery might be. He's come home with some new songs and several awards for good behavior which he is very proud of. I'll have to shoot video of him singing the "Tooty-Ta" song. It is hysterical. He likes school because its fun. I like school for a number of reasons. First and foremost, it has made bedtime a breeze. He goes to bed like an angel now because he's actually tired. I also like it because I only have to get one kid up and ready to go in the morning now so my mornings are easier.
The boys are both playing soccer and taking swim lessons again this fall. Nick is doing the junior striker program that Collin did at his age and I'm very impressed with how well he's doing. He is engaged and follows directions from the coach with absolutely no prompting from me. He was so excited to go to the first practice. Collin had his first game today. He is very excited because Tim is the assistant coach for his team. He calls him Coach Daddy. Their team got crushed today but they had tons of fun and I don't think they realized it because there is no official score. The other team had a little kid who probably could have played with the 7 and 8 year olds and fit right in. I was proud of our team because they all gave it their best effort and had a great time.
Collin is also starting Sunday school in a couple of weeks. Tim and I will be taking turns being the second teacher in one of the classes. I don't know if it will be his or not yet. We're looking forward to that as well.
Its going to be a very busy year for us. There is certainly more than enough to keep us busy! I will try to find more time to blog and keep things a little more updated than I have lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment