Monday, April 13, 2009
Happy Easter
Today was a busy day for us. Last night my family went to Easter Vigil which is 3 hours long so I stayed home with the kids. Tim returned home feeling miserable and still wasn't any better today so we didn't have nearly as nice an Easter as we would have had if he could have joined us. Nick got up at 6 and came in to sleep with me until Collin woke up at 8. Talk about a great way to start the day! They soon discovered that the Easter Bunny had left eggs all over the house and a basket filled with goodies for each of them. I'm giving them about a week to eat all the candy they can handle and whatever is left will then get rationed out until its gone. Then we went to my parents where the Easter Bunny had hidden eggs all over the house and the yard. The boys really enjoyed the hunt. The best part came when Collin followed the egg trail to the closet and discovered that the Easter Bunny had left baskets of goodies at Grammy's house too. He opened the closet door and exclaimed "Hello Gorgeous!" We laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants. Once Aunt Bella and Uncle Max arrived we had our traditional breakfast of kielbasa and hard boiled eggs and then the boys searched for more eggs in the back yard and had some fun flying their paper airplanes from their Easter baskets. Both boys were on their best behavior but I guess the fun was too much for Nick. We sat down for dinner and he took about 3 bites and fell asleep in his chair. He slept through the entire meal. When he woke up, he at ham like there was no tomorrow. I had no idea he even liked it. It was a really nice day but we really missed Tim. I hope he's feeling better tomorrow!
Labels:
holidays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment