Friday, April 17, 2009
Motivation
Motivation comes in many different forms. I have lots of projects around the house that I've been meaning to do but something always seems to come up and I always say I'll get to them later. Cleaning out the fridge is one of those projects. It's in desperate need of a good cleaning. This evening as I was walking my dogs, my neighbor stopped me and asked if I had any room in my fridge. She's having a big party Sunday and had run out of room in hers. I promised her I'd make room and so there I was this afternoon. I finally found my motivation. I cleaned out EVERYTHING! I took the drawers out and all of the shelves too and washed them. I still have to go through all the bottles of condiments and salad dressing in the door but right now, my fridge looks brand new. And you can pull anything out and not go "eww... how long has this been in here?" So after all that cleaning, my neighbor brought over her groceries and I put them in the fridge. She never even got to see it, but boy was Tim happy she asked to borrow a little fridge space. Maybe someone could call and ask to come over tomorrow so I'll find my motivation to clean the rest of my house. Its just too easy for me to put that kind of stuff off for another day. I'm not motivated by wanting a clean house, I mean I do want a clean house but its not the end of the world if it doesn't look spotless or even picked up all the time. However, if someone else is going to see it not picked up, that's a different story. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it usually needs some work before we can have company. Although, the boys have friends over fairly often so I'm getting better about keeping things picked up and about not stressing when they're not. By the time they're done playing, its in desperate need of a good pick up again.
Labels:
cleaning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment