Monday, October 26, 2009

Conversation with my Son

My children have taken to using the term "that's awesome, baby!" On occasion the just add baby at the end of a sentence. When that sentence is addressed to me, I'm pretty quick to tell them that I am their mother and they may not address me as baby. Here is how the conversation went with Nick as I tried to put him to bed last night:

Nick: That's ok baby.
Me: Nick, we do not address Mommy as baby. That is not acceptable.
Nick: Ok, girlie!
Me: (hiding a shocked snicker) Girlie is not ok either. My name is Mommy.
Nick: All right Mama. (snickering himself at this point)
Me: Mama is just fine.
Nick: I love you Mommy.

Where he got girlie from I don't know but I about choked when he said it. It was just so totally unexpected. He was definitely trying hard to get a reaction out of me.

No comments: