Tuesday, October 27, 2009
An overly emotional mom moment
I was watching Biggest Loser tonight and listening to Abby tell her story about the night she lost everything because her husband and two beautiful children were killed in a car crash and I couldn't help but think about how precious life is and how you sometimes have no warning before you lose everything. Then I heard Collin still awake upstairs. I couldn't help it, I went up to hug him and tell him I love him. I tried to dry my tears so he wouldn't see me crying but they fell again as soon as I hugged him. Collin wanted to know why I was crying so I told him I was watching a really sad story on tv. He is so perceptive and smart. He said "Mom, did a baby die? It's ok, you know. If you saw it on tv it wasn't real." If only that were true. I am overly emotional and I didn't mean for him to see me cry but it made me so proud to see how compassionate he was and that he knows tv isn't reality. For as long as I can remember I have always kissed my kids and told them I loved them when I put them in the car or before I send them out the door because you just never know what will happen and if the worst were to happen to me or to them I want that to be the last thing that I said and did. So guys, if you get to read this someday, I love you more than you could ever possibly imagine and I know eventually it won't be cool to let mom kiss you goodbye anymore but indulge me, ok? It's one of those silly Mom things that really matters to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment