Friday, April 2, 2010

It's been a while...

I can't believe its been more than a month since I last sat down and blogged. Its been a busy month. The boys both finished a session of swim lessons and are very excited to start the next one. It will be the last one before summer. Collin is able to swim on his own a bit already and Nick is really getting the hang of things as well. They both love the water which makes me really happy. Collin is signed up for t-ball and had his first practice this week. So far he really likes it. He was upset that he only got to bat once but he got to hit the ball 3 times and the last hit was a home run. He hit the ball pretty well and then started up the third base line. We had to yell at him to go to first instead. He got to run around all the bases once he got going in the right direction. He got a turn to play first base as well as left field and short stop. Not that t-ball really has positions. Its more like all the kids stand somewhere and converge on the ball where ever it may be, even if that place happens to be the complete opposite side of the field. The coach seems to be really great with the kids. He has lots of energy and is really good at keeping the kids engaged and having fun and learning at the same time. I think its going to be a positive experience for Collin. I'm also hoping that being part of a team will help him learn he can't whine and cry every time he doesn't get his way, or the ball, or win the game. That's a work in progress.

Today was a day off for us and we spent most of it with our friends. I took a class at the gym, which was totally fun but proved I need to be taking a lot more classes because I am way out of shape, then we went to lunch at McDonalds (I know. Totally defeats the purpose of going to the gym) and to see How to Train Your Dragon in 3-D with our friends. I loved it and so did the boys! Collin was totally enthralled with the whole movie and so was Nick once he woke up. They even kept their glasses on the whole time. No one tried to get up or really talked too much either. After we came home, we went outside for some fresh air and exercise and spent a couple hours running around the back yard playing soccer and football and tag. Finally it was time for dinner so we joined our friends at Red Robbin then it was time to come home and spend some time working on letters and numbers and having family game night. We played several games of I Spy which is actually quite challenging depending on which card you've got. Nick was even able to find a match before the rest of us once. We will definitely have to do family game night at least once a week. We've told the boys we are going to spend a lot less time with electronics. That means much less tv, no wii, no computer games (unless its starfall) and no iphone for a while. I've got to get rid of the electronics obsession while they're still young.

No comments: