My kids said two funny things tonight. First Collin was telling Tim all about the show "word world" where everything is made out of the letters that spell its name. He asked Tim if he knew what d-u-c-k spelled. Tim jokingly said "ship". Instantly there was a loud gasp from Nick who piped up with "Daddy! You don't say shit! Shit is a bad word!" Sure is, but that didn't stop Nick from using it when he was pointing out that Daddy used a bad word and poor Daddy hadn't even used that word.
The other thing I found amusing tonight was Nick's use of the word probably. Its not one I've heard him use before. I asked him if he wanted to read Peasant Pig and the Terrible Dragon before bedtime. He looked at me and said "umm...Probably. Yes!" He then used it again when I asked if he was ready to turn out the light. I guess he has himself a new word. It ranks right up there with actually which still amuses me when I hear him use it.
Collin has been working really hard the past few months on learning to read. He's got about 25 words he recognizes on site. Some are simple like I and cat but some are more complex like make and like. He has a sense of humor about it all though. Every time I show him the word big he grins and tells me its but. He then sounds out b-i-g and then says but. Finally he giggles and says "I know, its big". He just likes messing with me. The beginning of May he goes for his kindergarten evaluation. I hope he takes it seriously and doesn't try to tease the teacher like he teases me!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment