We made cupcakes for Nick's birthday and invited the neighbors over to share them. They got all sugared up and ran around like crazy people. It got crazier when I pulled out the camera and started taking pictures. They are all such hams!
It's hard to believe that it was 3 years ago that my little Nicholas entered the world screaming his little head off and significantly larger than his brother had been. He's been expressive right from birth and continues to make his wishes known in no uncertain terms. He's got a bright beautiful smile as well as a quick temper. If he's not getting his way, watch out. He's also got a great sense of humor and is always telling jokes and playing pranks. I wish I could describe the glint in his eyes when he's teasing you. You can just see how delighted he is with himself to be trying to get your goat. Nick is also kind, compassionate and thoughtful. He never forgets to think of his brother and share things with him. Unless, of course, he's feeling competitive. Then its all about him and he can't wait to show his brother he's got something Collin doesn't. It has been such a joy watching the relationship develop between my boys. Like all brothers they pick on each other and fight but for the most part they look out for each other, play nicely together and are fiercely loyal to one another. When I got pregnant with Nick I had so many questions about what life would be like with 2 children. The scariest was would I be able to love the second one as much as the first. I couldn't imagine loving another child as much as I loved Collin. And then I had Nick. The moment I first heard that angry cry and held him close I knew I loved him every bit as much as Collin and all my worries were unfounded. Nick has been such a blessing in our lives. He makes me smile and teaches me new things every day. Happy Birthday little man! You make each day brighter and I'm so very proud of you and everything you've accomplished so far. I can't wait to see all your new discoveries and to be a part of all your new adventures in the next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment