Monday, April 30, 2007
Bedtime Woes
As I'm writing this, Collin is upstairs screaming his little head off because its bedtime and he doesn't want to go to sleep. This has been going on for months and months. We have a bedtime routine, it varies a little from night to night but the important parts stay intact. We take a bath (he's got really dry skin so this is the part we skip sometimes), read stories and then lay down to go to sleep. As long as Mommy lays down with him, bed time is easy. The minute I get up to leave the room the fun begins. He immediately climbs out of bed and runs after me and proceeds to scream himself to sleep. I often find him sleeping on the floor next to the door when I go back upstairs. He's gotten really good at sleeping in his big boy bed once we pick him up off the floor, or if he happens to actually fall asleep in it. That usually involves Mommy laying with him until he falls asleep-this isn't quick either. We're talking a good 45 minutes or more! He just doesn't seem to need as much sleep as the "experts" say he should have. I hope the second one imitate his brother's bedtime habits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is he still napping during the day? Johnny was totally like this, bedtime was a total circus. Then Maureen was born, Johnny quit napping, and bedtime is a lot easier. One of us still has to stay with him until he falls asleep, but it is more like 10-0 minutes instead of 2 hours.
We also got him the Twilight Turtle from CloudB and he can only have it when he's in bed. It makes getting him into the bed a lot easier.
Post a Comment