Monday, April 30, 2007
I Should Probably Explain #9
Collin speaks very well for his age and most the time its pretty easy to understand what he's telling you. However, the one thing that he talks a lot about but doesn't say very well is Peperidge Farms Gold Fish. He absolutely loves them and Mommy doesn't buy them because they are a treat he gets at Grammy's. Needless to say he spends a lot of time talking about going to Grammy's and getting some Gold Fish. Unfortunately this usually comes out sounding something like "Grammy got the go shit". I don't know why fish comes out this way, but it has ever since he learned the word and no matter how many times I pronounce it for him, it comes out the same way. The other day we went grocery shopping and I was in the gold fish isle (can you guess where this is going?) Collin got very excited because he spots this kind of stuff a mile away. He's sitting there in the cart on a Sunday around 11 when everyone and their uncle does their grocery shopping yelling at the top of his lungs that "I wanna go shit". It didn't even register at first that the other people in the isle were not hearing my child ask for gold fish the way I was because I hear it that way so often. All they were seeing was a small child telling his mother that he needed a bathroom in a rather impolite manner. I can only imagine what they must have thought of me because it took me a few screams to realize that I'd better loudly announce that I would buy him the gold fish. If I'd been watching, I would have gone home and told Tim about the lousy Mom I saw in the grocery store whose kid was telling her he had to do a #2 and it didn't even phase her that he used such language. I'll reserve judgement on others from now on.
Labels:
Gold Fish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so freaking funny! When Johnny started to say the word "hole" it came out "ho." We'd be outside and he'd point and say, "I see a ho over there!"
My friend's son says yes a lot, but it comes out "assssssss...."
Hello...I hope you don't mind my visiting your blog!
Collin is a cute, and the fish story is hilarious!
er, that should say "Collin is a cutie."
Post a Comment