Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Doctor's Appointment

Today Collin had a doctor's appointment to follow up from his surgery and it was the first time I'd been out with both boys when we had to be somewhere by a certain time. Thankfully, Mom was there to help me or I'd still be trying to get them both in the car. The plan was to leave at 1:30. At 1:50, after having to chase Collin back to the car from behind the house, we were finally on our way to Annapolis for our 2:30 appointment. We walked into the office at 2:25 so my plans to say hello to all of my co-workers in the surgery center before our appointment were out the window. Everyone in the office wanted to see Nicholas so it felt like we were in the middle of a three ring circus the whole time we were there, and we were there quite a while. At one point, Collin was having a bit of a meltdown because he hadn't really gotten a nap and Nicholas was screaming because he was hungry and it still wasn't our turn to be seen yet. Fortunately, I was able to give Nick a little snack and settle him down and Collin calmed down quickly as well. He saw the doctor and his ears looked great and then we were finally able to go across the hall to see my co-workers. Collin got a Popsicle, Nicholas got another snack and we finally headed home around 4:00. I had no idea that taking 2 kids somewhere was so much work! Practice makes perfect right, I'll keep trying....

1 comment:

Kayris said...

The first time I took my two out by myself was to a weight check for Maureen when she was 2 weeks old. It was bitterly cold, and we were having a problem with our infant seat, so it was strapped into the car and didn't come out. I had to get both kids out to the car, get J buckled in, unwrap Maureen and get her buckled in, all while wedged into the small space between the seats. Then drive the 1/2 mile to the office, park, and get them both out. On the way home, I was in the car getting them buckled in when a huge gust of wind knocked my stroller over outside and wedged it against the car door so I couldn't get out. So I had to climb out on the drivers side while trucks and cars wizzed past.

It was fun. I can't say enough good things about my minivan now...