Monday, June 1, 2009
Wahoo!
We had a big milestone tonight. Forever now, Nick has shown great interest in going to the potty. He sits on the potty and says I pee every chance he gets. He even "wipes" when he thinks he's done. Until tonight I've just cheered him on while he sat on the potty and let him put the toilet paper in because it was a step in the right direction. Tonight he sat on the potty and wasn't moving until he was done. He peed in the potty tonight. I was so excited that I hooted and hollered and startled him so he stopped but he wouldn't get down because he wasn't done. I gave him tons and tons of praise and then waited patiently until he finished all on his own a few minutes later. He got a skittle for his reward. I'm hoping that this will be the beginning of the end of my diaper days. I'm sure it will be a long slow process but I can see a light at the end of the tunnel tonight!
Labels:
milestones,
Nicholas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment