Fall is here!!! The weather is finally cool and there is a crispness to the air in the morning. I can go without a jacket in the afternoons but more mornings than not I'm reaching for it before I leave the house. The boys shorts are being put away and their winter clothes have been pulled down out of the attic. Every year when we drag all the clothes out of the attic it makes me really happy because it means that my favorite season has arrived.
There isn't anything I don't love about the fall. The changing leaves, the pumpkins, the apples and all the yummy things you can make from them, the fun fall activities; it all just gives me a sense of joy. I look around and everything is so beautiful and I can't help but marvel at it. The colors of fall are so warm and inviting and they're everywhere. The leaves are changing to orange, yellow and red. The bright orange pumpkins have arrived and there are apples available in a variety of colors. I can't wait to make homemade apple pie and applesauce. My boys have eaten two 5lb bags of apples in the past 6 days. Clearly they're happy apple season is here too. Sometime soon we'll head back to Larriland Farms and pick our own apples and partake in all the fall festivities like hay rides and scarecrow making. Fall also means football season is here. I love nothing more than sitting on the couch with my boys and watching the game. Collin and Nick get so excited and jump up and down cheering for the Ravens and the Steelers. Then there is Halloween and pumpkin carving, two of my very favorite activities. I'm already trying to decide which pattern I'll carve for the boys this year. Collin has already decided he will be Spiderman this year and Nick will be a groom or a vampire so I can get some more use out of the tux I bought for Aunt Bella's wedding. Something about this time of year makes me feel energized and excited. There are so many things to see and do and to share with my boys. Summer is fun but I'd trade the heat and humidity for the crispness of fall every time.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment