Monday, September 14, 2009

Hamburger Fiasco

Since we can't find our kitchen this week because we've been moving tons of stuff around trying to clear out the basement we went out to dinner tonight at Fatburger. It was our first time there. Basically they sell burgers, fries and milkshakes. We each ordered a burger and got a couple orders of fries and a milkshake to share. I made sure to order Nick's burger with cheese and Collin's without. Unfortunately they mixed up our order. Nick's burger was fine but mine was missing its cheese and Collin's had it. I couldn't just switch burgers because mine had lettuce and pickles on it. I tried scraping them off and telling Collin it was a plain burger but he refused to eat it. Finally we ended up asking them to make him a new one. While I was waiting for it, I got up to get some ketchup for the fries. Coming back into our booth I tried to scoot past Collin and ended up dumping my tray with my burger in my lap. The rest of us were done eating by the time they brought Collin's new burger so Tim asked him if he wanted to eat it in the car. He was enthusiastic about the idea so we cleaned up the table and left. Somewhere between that point and the car Collin's hamburger disappeared. He was mad because he was hungry so I made Tim stop at McDonald's for another hamburger. After all, it wasn't Collin's fault that his hamburger was gone and he was hungry. So after some grumbling we're on our way with another hamburger (#3, if you're counting) and Collin's lifts the bun and starts complaining because there are pickles and microscopic pieces of onion on it. At this point I tell him he has to eat it or else. He agreed to one bite and proceeded to take a bite of bun, no burger. He never ate more than a couple of bites and I think the dog just stole it. There will be no more burgers in our future for a while no matter how much he whines that he wants one.

No comments: