Halloween was a blast this year. First we carved some really awesome pumpkins at my parent's house with Aunt Bella and Uncle Max. Collin was so excited about his Mario pumpkin which I couldn't find a template for and had to draw by hand before carving it. I was glad Nick wanted the Charlie Brown pumpkin because I've wanted to do that one for a couple years now. Tim chose the Ravens pumpkin and it was pretty hard but he did a great job. On Halloween morning the boys were so excited they were in their costumes right after breakfast. We were going to go trick-or-treating that night with our friends Jane and Scott and their boys Trent and Brady but Brady wasn't feeling good and had to cancel. Poor little guy! Just after I found out Brady wasn't feeling good our neighbors called to find out what our plans were for the evening. It ended up working out really well. We ate dinner and then went trick-or-treating in the single family homes behind our house. They were really into Halloween. There were several houses that were all lit up and decorated and playing spooky music. There was another house that had people (or statues) standing in the driveway and you had to walk through them to get to the person giving out the candy. I think if we had been a group of big kids they might have jumped out and scared us but we got lucky because we had little ones with us. Collin and Nick got tons of candy which I've been giving out a piece at a time (they are not happy about it either). After we finished we walked back to our neighbors house and hung out for a few more hours. The kids finally crashed around 11 and it was time to go home. The weather was beautiful until the very end when it started sprinkling. We couldn't have asked for a better night and it was so neat to see both boys so excited and into trick-or-treating. Can't wait to see what they want to be next year!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Candy! I want more candy!
Halloween was a blast this year. First we carved some really awesome pumpkins at my parent's house with Aunt Bella and Uncle Max. Collin was so excited about his Mario pumpkin which I couldn't find a template for and had to draw by hand before carving it. I was glad Nick wanted the Charlie Brown pumpkin because I've wanted to do that one for a couple years now. Tim chose the Ravens pumpkin and it was pretty hard but he did a great job. On Halloween morning the boys were so excited they were in their costumes right after breakfast. We were going to go trick-or-treating that night with our friends Jane and Scott and their boys Trent and Brady but Brady wasn't feeling good and had to cancel. Poor little guy! Just after I found out Brady wasn't feeling good our neighbors called to find out what our plans were for the evening. It ended up working out really well. We ate dinner and then went trick-or-treating in the single family homes behind our house. They were really into Halloween. There were several houses that were all lit up and decorated and playing spooky music. There was another house that had people (or statues) standing in the driveway and you had to walk through them to get to the person giving out the candy. I think if we had been a group of big kids they might have jumped out and scared us but we got lucky because we had little ones with us. Collin and Nick got tons of candy which I've been giving out a piece at a time (they are not happy about it either). After we finished we walked back to our neighbors house and hung out for a few more hours. The kids finally crashed around 11 and it was time to go home. The weather was beautiful until the very end when it started sprinkling. We couldn't have asked for a better night and it was so neat to see both boys so excited and into trick-or-treating. Can't wait to see what they want to be next year!
Labels:
Halloween
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment