Monday, August 11, 2008

My boys are up to.....

Since Nick got his tubes put in a couple of weeks ago he has really been talking up a storm! He now uses Momma on a regular basis. In addition to that he says Sadie, shoe and thank you. He also says done, all gone and get down when he wants to go down the stairs. And of course, he's been saying daddy forever now. Its amazing how much his vocabulary has increased in just a couple of weeks.

Collin has been talking up a storm too. In fact, he never stops talking. The other night I asked what he wanted to eat for dinners this week and he said Mac-n-Cheese (shocker). I asked if we could try homemade mac-n-cheese and he said "is that the yucky kind that Grampa makes?" My dad made homemade mac-n-cheese once somewhere between 6 months and a year ago and Collin declared it "disgusting" because it wasn't the kind in the box. I find it hysterical that he hasn't forgotten it. I asked him what he was doing this afternoon and he said "Nothing, Mom. Just chillin' out." Not quite sure where he picked that one up but it made me laugh.

Between the two of them, Collin and Nicholas keep me laughing. If they aren't saying something funny, they're making funny faces or doing something silly that you can't help but laugh at. For example, Nick was playing with these stacking balls (well half balls really-there's 10 of them and they can be paired up to make balls) that have a hole in the center and he began looking at me through the hole and laughing his little butt off. I began looking at him through the hole too and we laughed and laughed for a good 20 minutes over it. Then I began touching his nose and saying beep. He thought that was hysterical too and he began whacking my nose and making noises. He hasn't learned to be gentle yet so I had to put a stop to that game but it was fun while it lasted. There is nothing better than doing silly stuff to have fun with your kids. It makes me feel like a kid again.

No comments: