Friday night we took Collin over to my parents after work for dinner and told him if he was good we were going for a surprise afterwards. He ate 2 hot dog rolls, a ton of tater tots, corn and applesauce. And though that my not qualify as a good meal to the rest of the world, in our house that's impressive. He is an exceptionally picky eater and rarely chooses to eat dinner; so to see him eat that much, especially since it included a veggie, was nothing short of amazing. After dinner we waited for a shower to pass and headed out the door to his surprise. As soon as we arrived I heard from the back seat "Look Mom! A Carnival! OH MY GOSH! Is this my surprise? Oh thank you, thank you, Mommy!" In case you can't tell, he was very, very excited. We took him to the Glen Burnie Carnival, I hadn't been in years and years but it was really fun. We spent $20 for 20 tickets. The kiddie rides, (there were plenty of them) were 1 ticket a piece so Collin could have gone all night and still had lots of tickets left. We rode the swings, the race cars that were like the Whip, the moon bounce, the helicopters and the dragon roller coaster. They had that same dragon roller coaster at the Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ when I was a little girl. My parents let me get on once. It was the last time I rode a roller coaster for many, many years. I was probably 14 or 15 before I was able to enjoy one again. And, clearly, it left an impression since I remembered that exact dragon roller coaster and how much I hated it as soon as I saw it. Collin, on the other hand, absolutely loved it and rode it twice. I'll try to post pictures or video soon. Nick slept for the first hour or so that we were there, then he woke up and enjoyed the fine art of people watching. When we got snowballs, Grampa and I were both sharing ours with him. I got egg custard and Grampa got spearmint. It didn't take long to figure out which one Nick preferred. I offered him and bite and he shut his mouth and turned his head away. I thought he must be done eating until I saw him reach up toward Grampa and open his mouth as wide as he possibly could. After finishing the snowballs we realized we still had a lot of tickets to use up so we headed over to the big kid rides which took 3 tickets each. First we took Collin on the Tilt-A-Whirl which he enjoyed. Then Tim and I took him on the Scrambler. As soon as it started moving Collin began squealing in delight "Faster! Faster!" and Tim was saying "I don't remember this thing going so fast!" I didn't either to be honest. Collin LOVED it! Needless to say, Collin had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed his surprise.
Saturday I left the boys to have some bonding time with their Daddy and went shopping with Jane at the outlets in Leesburg, Va. We got so many good deals. My favorite was 2 little t-shirts I bought at the Ralph Lauren Polo outlet for a grand total of $14.98. They were blue t-shirts with a blue crab on them and super cute. I wouldn't normally shop in there but I like to walk through just to look and I don't mind paying less than $8 for an adorable shirt I know they'll wear a lot.
Today we just hung out and got some grocery shopping done and then went to my parents for dinner. It was a pretty low key, relaxing kind of day. A good way to get ready for the busy week ahead.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment