Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Way to Go Tim!
It has been crazy busy around here for the past couple of weeks. Tim finally took his very last final a couple of weeks ago and I decided I couldn't wait until he walks across the stage next May to celebrate so I threw him a surprise party. My original idea was to rent a pavilion at the park but they were all booked so I held it at my house. For the last several weeks I have planned in secret and cleaned like a fiend and did my very best to act normal so I didn't ruin the surprise. It wasn't easy. I thought I blew it many times like when Tim tried to give Jane our moon bounce and I said "no, we can't give it away, we need it....I stopped before saying the next weekend for the party, instead I said something about Collin being upset that it was gone. Then another time I was at my mothers discussing the menu and the guest list when Tim arrived. The windows were all open and I had no idea whether or not he heard anything before he walked in. Then there was Brady's Baptism where Tim walked in as I was telling Scott about the ipod I got him for graduation and talking to Jane about the party. There was the notation about his party on Patrick and Eve's calendar when we were at their house the weekend before that I was sure he saw. Then there was the trip to Wal-Mart to buy the screen tent ($40, you couldn't beat it and it worked so well it was the best $40 I've spent in quite a while) that Collin couldn't stop talking about and the trip to the party store to buy decorations and order balloons. I thought for sure Collin would manage to spill the beans. How many things is that? I've lost count. I didn't actually mention the word party to Collin until after Tim had left that day because I was sure he couldn't help but talk about it. Anyway, Tim met my Dad and Max at the movies to see the Dark Knight (for the 2nd time) because my Dad wanted to see it. I had about 4 hours to get everything put together. Thank God for my Mother and Tim's parents who got there early to help because I could never have done it without them. Tim's parents were part of the surprise, they stayed with his Aunt for 2 days before the party so he wouldn't know they were here. If I ever throw another party, I will definitely think of a reason to get the person out of the house more than 4 hours early. Anyway, the party was a surprise and tons of fun. I am so proud of Tim for all the hard work he's put in over the last several years. He's already applied for his master's program so our journey isn't over yet but that graduation party won't be a surprise. I wish I had taken pictures of the kids. They spent all day in the pool and the moon bounce and wouldn't even come out long enough to eat. It was so nice to see our family and friends again and to watch the kids playing. I'm so glad that everything worked out. Congratulations Tim! I am so proud of you!
Labels:
School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment