Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crazy Maryland Weather

Tuesday I was home all day with my "sick" child. He was contagious because he has strep but he was not "sick" in the normal sense. He had a gigantic lymph node in his neck but was otherwise fine and not really complaining or acting sick. If it weren't for the lymph node I never would have even considered taking him to the doctor. I'm glad I did since he was contagious. Anyway, we had a really wonderful day off together. I sent Nick to daycare to keep him away from Collin while he was still contagious. We played wii, and candy land and watched it snow outside. By the way, I can't beat Collin at Candy Land even when I don't stack the deck. By the time we left to pick up Nick, the snow was gone and it was considerably warmer that it had been all morning long. Collin was disappointed. And he was mad about picking up his brother. He told me it was not a good idea and that Daddy could pick him up. It finally dawned on me that he didn't want our day together to end. He'd enjoyed having Mommy all to himself for a while again. And so did I. I need to make it a point to spend time with each of them by themselves more often. Wednesday it snowed again. Caught me totally by surprise. Had I realized it would be snowing when I got up I would not have hit the snooze button. Twice. I was already 5 minutes late leaving when I opened the door and realized I had an inch of snow to clean off my car. I HATE SNOW! Collin was so excited and made me promise we could have a snowball fight when we got home. Yet again, by the time we got home, you would never know that it had snowed that morning, it was all gone. This morning it was 14 degrees when the boys and I went to daycare. By Sunday, its supposed to be 58! How on Earth do you go from 14 to 58 in 3 days? Its crazy! Before it snowed, I had picked the boys up and let them go without coats because it was almost 60 that day. No wonder we all get sick with all the wild temperature swings going on here. I wish the snow would either go away all together or dump more than a foot on us so everything shuts down and we can enjoy it. Crazy, crazy weather....

1 comment:

Missy said...

I've been home the last two days with my sick kid too. Unfortunately, she really is sick, and acts it. All we did yesterday was sleep or watch Elmo's world. I think we watched at least 6 hours worth. She's a little better today, but still in major hold me mode. Makes it difficult to get anything done. At least we all got some sleep last night though, so I wasn't drop dead exhausted today.