Monday, August 3, 2009
Failed Experiment
This past weekend Tim tried putting a pair of underwear on Nick. He doesn't normally like to wear it anywhere other than his head but he decided to cooperate this time so we were encouraged. A while later he came and found me and he was soaking wet and had pooped to boot. I took him into the bathroom where he insisted upon taking off his own clothes and dumping the poop in the potty. Unfortunately, the poop was really stuck to the underwear so he was shaking it pretty hard trying to get it to come loose. All of the sudden the entire pair of underwear was in the potty and my sweet little angle grunted in disgust and said "s#*t". I wasn't sure I'd heard properly so I asked "what did you say?" and he repeated it. We had a long conversation about that word. Although he used it properly, and I acknowledged that, I wanted him to understand that it is not a word little boys are supposed to use. To put it in terms he could understand I told him that it was worse than saying "stupid" and that he was to correct us if he heard us use it. He never misses a chance to correct someone for saying stupid so I'm hoping that this will be the end of it.
Labels:
potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment