Thursday, August 20, 2009
Invisible Fence
I want an invisible fence! I need to do some research and see if it can be placed under concrete because if it can't then there's no point in getting one. Every time one of my kids opens the door my dog takes off and we have to go looking for him. I worry sick every single time because although he's always made it back, there's no guarantee that he always will. I love him and don't want to lose him. So I'm thinking we have a tiny yard, if I could just put an invisible fence around it, that would keep the dog from leaving and my anxiety level would go way down. My other concern is whether or not they are a good idea in general. I don't want a fence shocking my dog all the time, I wouldn't want him to get hurt. Does anyone have an invisible fence or know anything about them?
Labels:
my 4 legged children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to pet sit for people who had one and they loved it. They also had a field set up insde their house so the dog couldn't get on the couch. However, some dogs are smart enough to lie just close enough to the field to run down the battery in the collar and then take off. I don't know how much they cost either. And beware, I managed to zap myself with the collar once (if I wanted to walk the dog, I had to take the collar off him so he could step off the property) and it was a pretty strong shock.
We had one when we got the Greyhounds. If you could get it under the concrete, it should work, though the getting it under the concrete is the hard part. The other thing to watch out for is speed. I don't know hos fast your dog is, but if the greyhounds hit the fence line at full speed, they could get through without a shock. The shock itself isn't too bad, Jeff and I used to play electric shock chiken with the collar in our hand. OF course Jeff and I aren't exactly normal either...
Post a Comment