Sunday, August 16, 2009
Our Weekend
Friday night Tim spent the night in a hotel with our neighbor and his two little boys because they had a fishing trip planned for early Saturday morning. We thought Collin was probably too young so he stayed home with me and Nick. In the morning, I took the boys to the mall and got their hair cut. I have been dying to do this for quite some time but I've been holding out because I wanted it to look nice for the wedding which is now only a couple weeks away. Nick was the best he has ever been for a hair cut. I didn't have to hold him and he didn't cry or make a scene. Collin is always good as gold, he loves to get his hair cut. Whenever I have my boys all to myself I try to take them to do something fun and special so this time I decided it would be fun to head over to build-a-bear since they have a really good deal going on until the end of August. The boys were really excited. They each picked their own bear all by themselves and then we headed over to the stuffing area. Collin stepped on the pedal to make the stuffing machine work but they were unprepared for the loud noise and dissolved into tears and clung to me while the employee finished stuffing their bears. Afterwards we got to pick out an outfit for each bear to wear. Collin picked out a Ravens outfit and I helped Nick pick out a fishing outfit for his bear. The boys were completely enamored with their bears. They have taken them everywhere we have gone this weekend and shown them to everyone they can think of to show them to. Collin named his Mario (surprise, surprise) and tried to get Nick to name his Luigi. Nick didn't decide on a name until later Saturday night when we were hanging out at Grammy's after going to church. He decided he wanted to name his Collin. I was touched. First, because he never calls his brother by his name, he almost always calls him brother and second because I realized that even though he spends all his time bugging the crap out of Collin, he must really love him an awful lot. Saturday night was Max's bachelor party so Tim didn't get home until really late. He had a good time though. Since they caught so much fish yesterday Tim and Larry decided to organize an impromptu fish fry. The guys cooked the fish and it was delicious! The kids had a great time running around outside and playing Frisbee. There were at least 6 of them, my 2, Larry's 2 and 2 others from the neighborhood. I've discovered that since I started letting my kids play outside, my house is always full of kids. But I'd rather they play here where I can see them and know whats going on so it doesn't bother me. My sister and Max came over and so did some of our neighbors. It was really a lot of fun. Poor Tim is exhausted after his busy weekend. Next weekend its my turn. We're starting the weekend off with Make-Unders at Bare Escentuals and then taking Chrissy out for her bachelorette party all day Saturday. I'll get home sometime on Sunday. I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun! Hard to believe in just a couple more weeks my little sister will be married!
Labels:
Daddy,
Fun with the Boys,
Summer fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment