Thursday, May 24, 2007
Our Brave Little Boy
Today was a big day for Collin. He got his tubes put in and his adenoids taken out. All in all, he was very well behaved throughout the whole ordeal. He woke up in a fantastic mood this morning and didn't even mind skipping breakfast. I took him to work where he's met everyone before but he turned shy as soon as we walked in the door. He's no dummy, he knew this time was different from the other times he'd been to Mommy's work. Collin didn't even want to color a picture, and he always wants to color pictures. Tim went back to the OR with him while he went to sleep and the surgery went very well. He woke up much better than I anticipated. He cried a little, but not like some of the kids I've seen. I was very proud. I was so afraid that my kid was going to be the bratty kid that we can't wait to see go home. Mostly, he just wanted to cuddle for a little bit. When it was time to go home, he got to go and spend the day with Grammy while he recovered. They both enjoyed their day. By this afternoon, he had taken a nap and wanted to get up and play outside. He played with sticks and kicked the soccer ball around and cried when he had to go back inside again. You'd never know he'd had surgery this morning. If this is the end of the monthly ear infections and the constant snotty nose, it will have been worth it to get the surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope this is a sign of good things to come- I'm so glad the surgery went well and he wasn't too upset.
Post a Comment