Sunday, May 20, 2007

The terrible 2's and then some...

Oh my gosh, my beautiful baby boy hit 2 and turned into a little devil! Since his birthday party at daycare on Friday, we've had more than few incidents that made me want to pull my hair out. The first occurred Friday evening as I was changing him before going out to pick up dinner. We were in the living room, and I should mention for those of you out of town that the weather is beautiful and the doors and the windows have been open. That being said, we were changing Collin's diaper in the living room and he got away from me. Being big and fat and pregnant, I didn't jump up and chase him immediately, instead opting to yell to him to get his little butt back here. After a minute or two of hearing nothing but giggling, and with no sign of his return, I managed to get my butt up off the floor and track Collin down. I found my sweet angel standing in front of our open front door, in nothing but his t-shirt, giggling at the puddle of pee and pile of poop that he'd just made, again right in front of my very open glass door. I hope none of my neighbors were walking by while he was doing this. I hauled his little butt back to the living room, got a new diaper on him and had a discussion about how he didn't have to wear a diaper if he didn't want to, but that meant he had to go to the bathroom in the potty. I really don't expect that discussion to lead to anything. The next incident occurred while I was out getting dinner. I returned home to find that while Tim had turned his back for a few moments, Collin had chosen to update our kitchen floor with his latest artwork. By the way, magic eraser is great at removing crayon from ceramic tile. Then this morning, as Tim and I were attempting to combine closets in preparation for the arrival of the yet to be named baby, we made the mistake of allowing Collin to play by himself downstairs. The doors were all shut, the cabinets were all locked. The house was baby proofed, or so we thought. Then we heard the sound of lots of little things falling on the floor and Collin giggling again in delight. We came downstairs just in time to discover that Collin had opened the can where we keep Sadie's dog food and proceeded to distribute her food all over, not only the dining room, but the living room as well. I should mention that this was after I watched him put a chicken nugget in his mouth at lunch, walk over to her and feed it to her, right from his mouth. I swear he wasn't doing this stuff a week ago!

2 comments:

Jane said...

That is too funny!!! Trent wrestles over not having his diaper changed- but I'm really lucky he hasnt gone on the floor yet!!!

Kayris said...

Just wait. At least he is still giggling. It's *so* not funny when they start screaming and throwing things...