Friday, May 4, 2007

Yet Another Doctor Visit

Collin went to the doctor's office this afternoon and for the first time in a really long time, the trip did not involve tantrums and bribery! I am so proud. Usually he freaks out as soon as his name is called. The past few times we've been to the doctor's we've been really working on this. I've promised him everything from a trip to the playground (not such a bad bribe) to nuggets and french fries from McDonald's (yes, I know that's awful but I was totally desperate at the time). This time they called us back and asked Collin to stand on the scale and he hopped right up. Then while the nurse took his temperature in a most unpleasant place, Collin picked up an extra thermometer and held it under his arm because that's how they did it in the other office, still no screams or tears! He was even good while the doctor examined his ears. He has yet another ear infection. I've lost track of how many this makes since his first birthday but its a whole lot. We go back in 2 weeks unless he hasn't improved any by the middle of next week. I'll be discussing getting tubes with his doctor because, at this point, between co-pays and prescriptions, I could have paid for tubes without using insurance. I hate the idea of putting him through surgery but we've been spending lots and lots of time in doctor's offices lately and if getting tubes will put a stop to that, I'm all for it. I just don't want my little boy to feel so crappy all the time.

1 comment:

Kayris said...

I hope he feels better soon! The tubes sound scary, but they can't be worse than infection after infection. Johnny's only had ne ear infection, but it was wicked bad and turned into a ruptured eardrum. It was awful. By the way, he once tried to bite his doctor...