Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Guacamole is a bad word

Collin was back at the ENT today to follow up with the ear infection he had last week. It's gone but there is some fluid left in his right ear. We're just going to watch it for now. Both of his tubes are out and the holes where they were put in are closed so, aside from the fluid, everthing looks great. There is certainly no problems with his hearing. He hears and repeats everything you say. It was a good visit. Collin was well behaved and the news was good. Tim and I took the boys to Macaroni Grill for dinner on the way home and again, they were reasonably well behaved. The restaurant was basically empty because it was 4:45 when we got there so the few times I had to hiss at them to knock it off I didn't feel too bad about it. Since Tim picked the boys up and brought them to meet me for their appointments we had two cars so we each took a kid home. I noticed that the highway was backed up so I opted to take the back road to the highway. (Tim took the highway to begin with and sat in traffic for only a few minutes) A half hour later I commented "holy guacamole! There is so much traffic." Collin got upset and said "Don't say that Mom. That's a bad word!" Guacamole? OK. I was amused but let it go. Moments later I hear "Holy CRAP! That IS a lot of traffic. Damn it". Bottom line, in his little mind, guacamole is a swear word but crap and damn it are both OK. Not good. We had a nice little chat about how crap is not a nice word and shouldn't be used and if I hear damn it out of his mouth even one more time, there will be no more TV for an undetermined, but extended period of time. Honestly, I hadn't heard him say either one of those in ages so I'm not really sure why he pulled them out today. I'm hoping they go right back in the "words I'd better not use in front of the 'rents" folder and stay there for a good long time.

1 comment:

Kayris said...

OMG, he is so funny!