Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm so Proud!

I can't say enough good things about Leap Frog's Talking Word Factory video. Collin absolutely loves it and clearly he's learning from it. He was playing with his letter flash cards when I heard him saying "puh, ehh, errr, cuh, yuh". I glanced over and sure enough, he had the "P" card and on the front was a picture of Percy with his name underneath and Collin was trying to sound it out. I was way impressed. I also felt kind of bad becuase Percy isn't a word he's going to have a whole lot of luck sounding out. I pulled a couple of letters out of his pile and we sounded out hot and hat instead. He's very good at sounding out the letters in the right order but he hasn't quite gotten the hang of the word part yet. Hat went "huh, aah, tuh" which is right but when I asked him what it said, he said "mommy". I couldn't get him to say hat even though he could sound it out. We'll get there, he's already doing more than I expected. I really got to get it together and start working with Nick on his letters. Starfall.com is awesome for that.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Trent loves that DVD- you're right, it's excellent!