Monday, July 28, 2008

Week in Review

It's been busy around here lately and I haven't had a lot of time to blog so he's the low down on whats been going on. Nicholas got his tubes put in on Thursday. He did great but boy was he pissed when he woke up from anesthesia. I sat on a bench outside the surgery center, it was a good way away from the door. I knew when he was done because I could hear him, through the big heavy fire door. As soon as we got to see him, he snuggled in and quieted right down for about 30 seconds and then he got mad again. He screamed bloody murder until we opened the door to leave, then he was perfectly happy. Until I had to put him in his car seat. He screamed for 20 minutes on the way home before, in desperation, I turned on Collin's Alvin and the Chipmunks cd. As soon as he heard the first few notes of music he stopped crying and by the time we got home (probably 15 minutes later) he was sound asleep. He woke up shortly after we got home and by 9 o'clock that morning you would never have guess he'd had surgery an hour and a half earlier. I'm praying that the tubes work and we don't have nearly so many ear infections this winter.

What else have we been up to? Mostly going to the pool. We've been there almost every night. We spent Sunday evening at my parents. Collin woke up Saturday morning talking non-stop about wanting the water gun you put ice cubes in and shoot people. I informed him that Mommy does not buy such toys. However, Grampa has been dying to buy Collin a super soaker since he started walking so I told Collin that he could ask Grampa for one. In the end, it was decided that the super soaker that gets loaded with ice cubes was not something any of us wanted to be shot with and Collin and Grampa chose two smaller, more sensible motorized water guns and we had a fantastic water battle. First he got Grampa, then he got Bella and Max and finally before we left, I went out with him and we had a blast soaking one another. I brought dry clothes for both of my boys, just not for myself. Collin went home nice and warm and dry while I drove home in a sopping wet skirt and t-shirt. I won't make that mistake twice.

Speaking of making mistakes. The latest colossal mistake I made was doing laundry before I went to work in the morning. I was so proud of myself for being able to toss a load in before I left too. I took Nick grocery shopping after dinner and when we got home I went downstairs to do more laundry. Tim had thoughtfully put the clothes from the washer into the dryer before he went to swim lessons with Collin. There on the dryer was my cell phone (do you see where this is headed?) I picked it up, put it back in my pocket, took the laundry out of the dryer and put in the load Tim had tossed in. Then it dawned on me. Why was my phone in the laundry room? It should have been in my purse. So I took it out and noticed that the screen looked funny. Sure enough, if you wash a cell phone it will not turn on. Even if you let it dry out, it will not turn on so it was off to the cell phone store for a new phone. I got a really cool new phone that I love, but I had some pictures on my old phone that I'll never get back and I have to go through the pain of re-entering everyones phone number. I will diligently check any and all pockets from now on before doing laundry.

Tonight I discovered that something was spilled on our moon bounce so I took it outside to dry. Collin wanted to go to the pool but I wasn't up for it so instead I offered to blow up the moon bounce. He fell for it hook, line and sinker. We called the little boys who live behind us to come over and play and they had a great time jumping all evening long. I got to hang out with my neighbors, my boys got to play with their friends and I didn't have to put on a bathing suit and haul all of our stuff off to the pool. It was a win for everyone, especially since the kids were exhausted and went to bed like a dream.

2 comments:

Jon said...

If you still have your old phone, I have some Freon and my electronics workbench. I could probably get the processor running enough for you to get your pictures if you want, I've done it on other phones before. Just let me know: JonathanDRober@gmail.com

Missy said...

I hope the tubes work for Nick. I know they did for Gabe and I have a feelign we might be headed there with Kylie too. She's had 4 ear infections sine Paul came home the end of April, and I'm starting to suspect another one int he making. And I think she had at least one, maybe 2 before Paul got home, so when we go for her 15 month check up I'm going to talk to the doc about it.