Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our Favorite Books

One of the girls I work with has a son in kindergarten and she brings in her Scholastic book order form for me to look at every so often. Last month I bought Collin a bunch of Halloween books to read and he's been going CRAZY over them. We read them all the time. The first is The Night Before Halloween which is just like Twas the Night Before Christmas except about Halloween. Very cute and fun to read. I've ordered The Night Before Thanksgiving too. Two of his other favorites are Spooky Hour and Fright Night Flight. He can practically "read" the books to you! Especially Fright Night Flight. I start the first sentence on the page and he "reads" the rest of the page. He must have the books memorized because he's insanely good at "reading" the stories. I can only hope that this love of reading continues because its one of my greatest joys in life. Unfortunately for me I don't do nearly as much reading as I would like because I get so interested in the story that I can't put the book down so I don't pick one up unless I have a couple of hours to read uninterrupted. Nicholas also seems to be developing a love for reading. He'll pick up a book and thumb through it all by himself and then he'll bring it over for you to read. Sometimes you get to, sometimes he just wants to sit in your lap and read it himself.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Gabe was that way, he'd memorize entire books and read them to you. Kylie loves books too, all day long all I hear is "READ" as she stands in front of one of us with a book, often the same book, over and over! I certainly hope too, that it leads to a love of reading!

Jane said...

Trent is like that with his big brother books. He loves them! One night I was trying to get through one of them quickly and skipped a page-he turned it back and laughed and told me, "Mommy almost forgot!".