Wednesday, October 8, 2008
That's Crap
Collin wants to be a pirate for Halloween. It's appropriate because he's picked up a few words worthy of a salty sea faring pirate. We've been working very hard at using appropriate words like phooey and sugar and darn it. Unfortunately for me, he's noticed he gets quite a rise out of me when he slips and says damn it so I think he's "slipping" on purpose because he looks at me as soon as he says it and giggles and say "I mean Oh Phooey!" The problem is he uses the phrase in an appropriate way, in the exact tone and inflection that I normally use it. I'm trying very hard to completely removed that phrase from my vocabulary and I've been doing a pretty good job. Tonight he was playing the wii with his Dad and every time he bowled and left a pin standing he would say "darn it". Finally, it was the last frame and it was Daddy's turn. Tim aimed carefully, threw the ball down the lane and managed to bowl and 8-10 split. Collin looks up at him and goes "That's Crap Dad!" A PERFECT imitation of something I would have said had that happened to me. I can get rid of damn it pretty easily but crap is going to be a lot harder. And even if I don't say those words, Collin isn't going to forget them, or the fact that he can use them to get a reaction out of any adult in the room.
Labels:
Collinisms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's kinda funny..... Gabe is going to be a pirate for Halloween too, and Kylie is going to be a pirate princess.....They'll match!! I can't wait to get them together, I think it's going to be very cute!
Post a Comment