Wednesday, December 10, 2008

18 months

How is it possible that my baby is already 18 months old? The time has gone by so fast. My sweet cuddly little angel is now a walking talking angel who wears his halo on a tiny set of horns. We had his 18 months check up the other day. He's 33 inches long and 28 lbs, little chunker. He still had an elevated temp so we lucked out and didn't have to get any shots. Nick's still battling this sinus infection or whatever it is that he caught last week. He's been running a low grade temp, 100-100.5, for about a week now but it finally seems to be going away. He still has his cough but that seems to be improving too. He's slept through the night the last two nights so keep your fingers crossed that the streak continues. The best part is that he seems to be more like himself the past couple of days too so I'm thinking we've turned the corner, finally. The doctor told us to call if he isn't better in another week. She even took a little blood to check his white count to make sure that she didn't need to change his antibiotic. He did so good when they pricked his finger. He didn't cry about that at all except while I held him so they could collect the blood from his finger, he was mad about being restrained, not that it hurt. Collin was really worried when he heard they were going to take blood from his brother but I told him not to be afraid and explained what was going to happen. I told him that he had to be brave for his brother and give him a big hug when it was all over and tell Nick what a brave little boy he was. Collin did great. He sat still and out of the way while we took care of Nick and then gave his brother a big hug and told him he would be OK. Have I mentioned that I hate this time of year? It seems like someone is always sick. I think I was in the doctor's office or hospital 6 times in the last week or two. I've filled my quota for the winter now so my boys are going to be perfectly healthy from here on out. Yeah, right. A mom can hope though right?

No comments: