Monday, December 8, 2008

My kids make me smile.

Since we have all these Christmas cookies I let the boys pick one each to have on the way home from daycare. Collin hopped into the van and was getting the cookies out of the bag while I was putting Nick in his car seat. When Nick realized that Collin had the cookies out he put his hand out and said "please, please, please" until Collin handed over a cookie and then he said "thank you". It was the first time I'd heard him say please all on his own. I've been working on it, reminding him to say please when he wants something but he did this all on his own. I was very proud of him.

Collin had an interesting Collinism tonight. Collin was going to bed and he surprised me by getting in bed right away. Then he jumped off his bed and yelled "psych". I thought that word went out in the 80's, where the heck did he hear that one? And how did he manage to use it appropriately? I swear the two of them never fail to amaze me.

Collin spent 20 minutes vacuuming tonight. He wanted to help so Tim hooked up the little attachment to the hose and turned him loose in the dining room. He scoured the floor looking for dirt and cleaned everything he could find and then went looking for more. He was quite upset when I told him it was time to turn it off and go to bed. I'm going to spend some time tonight thinking up some more chores he might enjoy doing. Dusting is probably a good one. Any ideas about what a 3 year old should be able to do?

No comments: