Monday, December 8, 2008
Moments....
This weekend the four of us made Christmas cookies together. We had the Christmas lights turned on and the music playing and were having a great time when Collin looked out the window and exclaimed "It's SNOWING!!" Indeed it was, big beautiful flakes. It was that perfect kind of snow that looks gorgeous but only lays on the grass. Bonus, it happened on a Saturday so I didn't have to worry about getting the kids to and from daycare and was able to enjoy it. As we sat there watching it snow and making cookies I couldn't help but just savor the moment. It was one of those picture perfect moments that you see on TV but seldom seem to really happen. The cookies were in the oven, my kitchen table was covered in sugar, Tim and Collin were watching it snow and I was dancing around the room with Nick. It was one of those blissfully simple memories that lasts forever. My kids won't remember it two weeks from now, but I will never forget how it made me feel to have my family all together enjoying the afternoon together getting ready for Christmas.
Labels:
Things I love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment