Saturday, December 27, 2008

Football

We put the kids to bed on time tonight but they protested. Loudly. Since they didn't really eat a good dinner and Nick had taken an extra long nap today I brought him back downstairs to have some dinner with Tim and I around 8. No sooner did I make it down the stairs when I heard "Mommy? Why did you bring Nick downstairs?" Busted! "To try some of my dinner. If you want to try it too, come on down." Can't let one come down and not the other. Nick ate up the Beef Burgundy I made, well at least he ate all the noodles and sauce. He wasn't trying the meat for anything. Collin wasn't interested in it at all but chowed down on the bowl of pink stuff (recipes to follow) I had for dessert. He then asked for an apple and a glass of water. Both nutritious choices so I let him have them. Of course, Nick had to have them too. So we watched some football and hung out all together while the boys ate. One of the teams scored a touchdown and Nick threw his arms in the air and yelled "Touch Down!". That's my boy! I was so proud of him and he was so proud of himself. All the football watching we do in this house, I shouldn't be surprised, it was just neat to see. Collin wants to know if when he gets "much, much, really, really bigger" can he play football. Tim told him he could. I told him to practice his kicking. Bless his little heart, he just doesn't have the genes to be anything other than the kicker. He's going to be thin like his dad and lets face it, guys who are 6'0" and 175 or so do not make great offensive or defensive linemen. But what do I know? He can be anything he wants to be when he gets much, much, really, really bigger.

No comments: