Friday, January 30, 2009

Shared Traditions

For Christmas my parents got us a Coffee maker that uses the K-cups to brew coffee, tea or hot chocolate. We LOVE it. I drink tea all the time now because its quick and easy, I don't have to take the time to heat the water and brew the tea. I just pop the tea cup in the machine, select the size I want and wait a couple seconds. Voila! When I was a little girl, I remember sharing a cup of tea with my Dad on the weekends. I'd get up and he'd be sitting at the table drinking a cup of tea and reading the paper. We'd hang out and I'd drink most of his tea. Now that I've started drinking tea regularly, I have my own little munchkin who sits on my lap and shares my tea. It makes me really happy when Nick spots a mug and gets all excited. "Sip! Tea!" he says, jumping up and down. Then we sit together and finish the whole cup. If I take 2 sips in a row he says "NO!" and opens his mouth wide to show me I skipped his turn. It reminds me of all those cups of tea I shared with my Dad. I'm so glad I could pass along the tradition. Maybe someday he'll share his cup of tea with his own munchkin and remember drinking tea with me.

No comments: