Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Another reason I hate winter...
On Monday we had a wonderful snow storm. When I woke up in the morning we only had 2 inches so I got ready for work. Even I won't call out for 2 inches of snow. It was still snowing when I left and apparently it was a lot worse where I work than it was at my house because when I was about halfway there my boss called and said we weren't working that day. I told her I was halfway to the sitters and the roads weren't all that terrible yet and offered to go in for a bit to do the stuff that needed to be done for Tuesday. I dropped the kids off and got about halfway to work when she called and said it was getting much worse and that I should turn around and head home. So the kids were at daycare for 45 minutes and I spent 2 hours driving in the snow when I didn't have to work. We made it home about 8:30, ate some breakfast and spent the morning playing inside. Once Daddy came home the boys wanted to go outside so we bundled up and went outside to play with their friends. Poor Nick was so bundled up he was waddling and spent half of the time falling face forward in the snow. Collin and his friends all had mittens on instead of gloves with fingers so the adults had to make their snowballs for them. They all had a great time throwing snow unless they were the one getting hit with a snow ball. Finally they decided to go in for some hot chocolate. I watched Collin, Nick and their friends walk up the stairs to the deck and then turned around to finish my conversation with my neighbor. A few minutes later Nick began crying and I looked up and saw him on the deck while the other boys had already gone inside. How mean, we thought, the boys left him outside by himself. I scooped him in and brought him inside, dressed him in clean, dry clothes and sat him down for dinner. As I sat down across from him, I realized his face didn't look right. His nose was all bruised on one side and the eye on that same side also had a bruise under it. I debated calling Nighttime Peds and taking him in for an x-ray to see if it was broken but in the end decided that it wasn't bothering him and it had never bled, I wasn't going to waste $30 when they wouldn't do anything anyway. So at work the next morning I asked his doctor what to do about it and he said as long as he's breathing fine and it looks straight, we'll just watch it. Like I needed any other reasons to despise winter, now my poor kid might have broken his nose playing in the snow. Go away winter and don't come back. EVER!
Labels:
Nicholas,
Things I hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment