Saturday, March 14, 2009
Jail Break
Nick did something this morning that Collin never did. When Collin was 21 months old we moved him to a big boy bed because we needed his crib for Nick and we wanted him to have some time to get used to his new bed before Nick arrived and began sleeping in his old one. We moved him because we needed his bed, not because we had to because he was climbing out of his bed. He never even tried. As I'm blogging, Tim is tossing our house looking for the instructions on how to convert our crib to a toddler bed. We can't seem to find them anywhere! At 7:00 this morning Collin climbed in bed with us. No big deal, that's pretty typical on the weekends. We could hear Nick playing in his room but he was fairly happy so we just let him play. At 7:30 Nick climbed in bed with us, and so did Morey for that matter. This bed isn't big enough for the five of us! It took a moment to sink in. I was in bed. Tim was in bed. Collin was in bed. Nick was out of bed. And none of us helped him. He had managed to climb out of his crib all by himself. Time to get rid of the crib and get a big boy bed for Nick. It's dangerous to leave him in his crib now that he can get out by himself. So hopefully Tim will find those instructions and the extra pieces to the bed and if not, we'll be going to Target or Wal-Mart or Ikea to buy a cheap toddler bed. When he's a little older we'll get him a nice bedroom set, but for now a toddle bed will be perfect. I don't know why I'm surprised, I shouldn't be. He is a very strong, independent, and determined little boy. He goes after what he wants and usually gets it. This morning I guess what he wanted was to be in bed with the rest of us. Wish us luck on our search!
Labels:
milestones,
Nicholas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My own experiences both in converting Kylan's crib and in helping 2 friends convert theirs is that the whole thing is a crock. Basically, lower the crib as far as it will go and then remove the movable side of the crib. Viola, you have a "Toddler Bed". Except the mattress is still too high, and if you get a toddler bed rail, it takes up the length of the crib and you still have the kid climbing out. I hope your luck turns out better than mine though.
Post a Comment