I know some companies routinely search for things written about their company on the Internet and I seriously hope that BGE is one of them because they suck.
All of the street lights in my community went out Sunday night and I immediately reported it to BGE. It is now Wednesday night and the lights are still out. So around 8-8:30 I reported the outage again, this time over the phone instead of the Internet. The woman I spoke was was plain old rude. She informed me that the problem was first reported Sunday night and it takes up to 72 business hours to get the problem diagnosed. Uh, correct me if I'm wrong but if the problem was reported Sunday night, they got the report first thing Monday morning which means they had all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to diagnose the problem. When I called Wednesday night I should have been able to get an answer. She further told me that depending upon what the problem was it could take up to 21 days to fix the problem! I was really irritated. I live in a hot spot which means that, although my cul-de-sac is quiet, there is a high incidence of crime in the area. I often refer to the neighborhood as the Gucci-Ghetto because although the townhouses, which are not that big and not that nice, are selling in the high 200k-300k range, the swat team has visited my neighbor's house while another neighbor was barricaded in his home after a robbery and several houses have been raided for drug activity. Its not really as bad as it sounds, that stuff could randomly happen anywhere but the fact remains that it happened here and my neighborhood is currently pitch black and BGE could care less. I explained to this to the indifferent lady on the phone but instead of a kind word of understanding, she grew even more indifferent, even irritated that I dared to complain about being in the dark in a high crime area! There is nothing that irritates me more than poor customer service. If the lights don't come on tomorrow night I intend to call again and demand a diagnosis because they will have certainly had more than 72 business hours to figure it out. In the meantime, I emailed BGE but I don't think it went through because my letter of complaint was more than 1000 characters. I also emailed county government because I'm paying for street lights but I have no light. I don't know exactly who that email goes but I found it by clicking contact us on the police website. I figured they should know that if something happens here, they won't be able to see a darn thing when they come out to investigate. I was also hoping that maybe they could help expedite a solution. So to sum things up, over the last year, BGE has managed to double the cost of my electricity bills while providing increasingly lousy customer service. BGE SUCKS BIG TIME!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment