Saturday, April 26, 2008

Success!

Potty training has been mostly successful but we have A LOT of accidents. At least one poopy pair of underwear every day and usually at least one wet pair as well. Potty training has been working pretty well mostly because we've been putting Collin on the potty at regular intervals rather than waiting until he asks to go (because he hasn't been doing a lot of asking). The past few days have been going much better than usual. Collin has letting us know when he needs to use the bathroom. He's kind of funny when he does it. He says "the pee is coming out. I need to use the potty now, now, NOW!!!" We were in Target shopping tonight and Collin let me know he had to go so we ran to the bathroom and he was able to stay dry until we got there. Let me tell you, its hard to take 2 kids to the bathroom at the same time when you can't take the cart. I had to hold Nick while I got Collin's pants down and got him on the toilet. No way was I putting my baby on that disgusting floor! Collin has even managed to poop on the potty a couple of times in the last few days. I think it was more out of luck than anything else. He seemed just as surprised as we were, but we were all excited and made a big deal out of it.

No comments: