Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Another Milestone

Somewhere in the recent past I mention that Nick is beginning to walk. It was kind of slow and unsure at first. He'd only take a step if he was close enough to fall into you as he was doing it. In fact, I wasn't even sure that he was taking steps at first. All of the sudden though he's kicked it up a notch. He's left no doubt about it. My baby is walking. He's certainly not proficient but he takes multiple steps at a time. The other day Collin was tired so he was laying with his head on my lap while Nick played on the floor. I thought he was drifting off but he surprised me when Nick stood up and took a few steps. Collin leaped up, all excited, and yelled "Look Mom! Nick took 4 steps!" He was right, Nick had taken exactly 4 steps before landing on his butt. It was really neat to see how excited Collin was at his brother's milestone. He was very proud. Ever since he began taking noticeable steps I've been trying to get it on film. The still shots aren't coming out too good, but I finally got a decent video tonight. So for your viewing pleasure, here is my baby walking down the hall all by himself.... You'll probably notice as he walks down the hall, his brother pelts him in the chest with a ball. They were playing quite nicely with it before this video was taken, rolling it back and forth. It won't be long before Nick is big enough to pay his brother back for all the crap he takes from him now.

No comments: