Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This year for Mother's Day, instead of a family gathering at my parent's house, we had it at our house. It was a lot of fun. Tim made beer can chicken on the grill which turns out really moist and delicious and I made Spanish rice and green beans with strawberry banana trifle for desert. I am so glad we have leftovers because I don't have to cook much this week now. You should have seen my Nicholas going to town on the Spanish rice. He couldn't get enough of that or the green beans. I was so impressed. My very thoughtful little Collin remember to tell me Happy Mother's Day all on his own; he needed no prompting from Daddy. In fact, every time he heard the words "mother's day" mentioned I got a "Happy Mother's Day, Mom" and a hug and kiss. I'm diggin' this Mother's Day thing. It also got me out of changing a poopy diaper or two and cleaning the floater out of the tub (see why I'm diggin' it?) I couldn't have asked for a nicer day (except for the rain). Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's out there, I hope your day was just as lovely as mine and you got to spend it with people you love.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sounds like you had a great day! When Scott got Trent up, he told him to say "Happy Mommy's Day". So when I went into his bedroom, he happily said, "HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY!!!" and then pointed to the door and followed up with "LEAVE!". :)