Sunday, May 11, 2008

Crumb Munchers

Someone gave me some Amish Friendship Bread starter mix so I followed the instructions and baked the bread last week. It is super yummy. Apparently my children think so too. I made the mistake of leaving the loaf wrapped in foil on our dining room table while I took the dog outside to use the bathroom. I was only gone a minute or two. When I came back in Collin greeted me with a guilty look and the house was oddly quiet. Never a good sign. "Where's your brother?" I asked. "Eating crumbs" Collin responded. Crumbs...what the??? I walked into the dining room behind Collin who walked to the table took another chunk out of the bread, dropped some crumbs for his brother and stuffed the rest in his mouth. My full loaf was now about half gone, one handful at a time. Nick just looked up at me and grinned as he scooped up the crumbs and shoved them in his mouth as fast as he could. I promptly plopped him in his high chair and cut the mangled portion off the loaf of bread. They got to split the rest of the mangled portion in a civilized manner, Nick got his on his tray and Collin got his on a plate. I've got another batch brewing now because I didn't give away my starter bags like I was supposed too. On Wednesday I'll be making a ton of bread, but that's OK because it freezes and its very yummy.

No comments: