Tuesday, June 24, 2008
3 Going On 30
Saturday night I took Collin to Michael's with me to get some scrapbooking supplies. Since he's been really good lately and didn't want to ride in a cart and I really didn't need one I decided to let him walk with me. He was perfectly fine through most of the store. At some point he decided he'd had enough and took off. I took off after him but he turned the corner on the aisle and was gone. I ran up and down the nearest couple of aisles but couldn't find him. Since I was close to the front of the store I ran up front and asked if anyone had seen him. Someone said they'd just seen him zip by and pretty soon the whole store was looking for him. I was terrified since we were so close to the front of the store and I didn't know whether or not he would go outside, not to mention all of the other horrifying things that could potentially happen to a lost child. Fortunately a couple of employees managed to grab him by the hand and lead him back to me. He was only gone a couple of minutes but it felt like an eternity. When he saw me, before I could even open my mouth to speak to him, he ran to me and hugged me and said (I swear to God he really said this) "Mom! Where have you been? I was so worried about you!" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I was so relieved to see him. It was like he was reading my mind and knew exactly what I wanted to say to him! Needless to say we had a long talk about running away from Mommy and Daddy and strangers and he will be in a cart from now on, no matter how good he promises to be.
Labels:
Collin,
Collinisms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment