I'll refer you back to the post before this one where I mentioned how my kids have slept through the night since they were a month old and seldom wake up in the middle of the night. I glibly stated something to the effect of watch, now that I've said that, one of them will be up in the middle of the night tonight. Fast forward to 3am this morning....
Collin: Mom?
Me: Ugh...Did I hear something...bury my head in the pillow.
Collin: Mom! Mom! MooooooM!!!!
Me: muttering-Damn. I hate being right. Out loud- Whats wrong Collin?
Collin: Can I watch Phineas and Ferb?
Me: NO! Its 3am go back to sleep!
Collin: I want to watch Phineas and Ferb! Then he begins sobbing and wailing.
Me: Go back to bed, you can watch it tomorrow. I then listen to him cry for the next 15-30 minutes as I desperately wish I could sleep and dread the awful wake up that's going to come in 2 hours.
Fortunately, Collin was pleasant 2 hours later when we had to get up. He cooperated with everything I asked him to do and didn't whine at all. I, on the other hand, felt like I'd been run over by a Mack truck all day long. I think its definitely time to reduce the amount of TV we're watching. The thing is, we really don't watch all that much of it. The kids watch cartoons while I'm getting dinner together before Tim gets home. Once we sit down for dinner the TV goes off. Any suggestions for how to cure the TV addiction?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It doesn't sound like they watch much at all. But you could always say the TV is "broken" and remove it until he stops begging for TV at 3AM...
Sorry, I have no other suggestions...Good luck!
We're suffering through that right along with you. We've been trying to get Trent to play outside more- which he LOVES but it can be tough on us with the baby. If he's outside, he doesn't think about TV. But if he's inside- he's BEGGING for Little Einsteins, Max and Ruby, you name it...
Post a Comment