Tuesday, June 10, 2008

At Least I Know He's Listening

Since the weather has gotten nice lately (OK, it was nice before it got ungodly hot) we've had the doors and windows open which means that my dog goes nuts every time someone walks by or she catches a whiff of another dog. She started the other night and before I could even open my mouth Collin turned around and yelled "knock it off Sadie". It was a spot on imitation of me. I am forever saying that to her because I don't want to say "Shut-Up". I'd really hate to hear that out of my child's mouth.

Another favorite phrase of mine is "I'm done with ..." Fill in whatever's getting on my nerves at the time. Tonight Collin was blowing bubbles outside while Tim was grilling. I popped out to check on them and Collin informed me "If Dad pops my bubble I will be so done with him" Again spot on imitation of the tone and inflection of my voice when I use this phrase. All I could do was shut the door and burst out laughing. I could see Tim was trying hard to hold back his own laughter. I did hear a "way to go Er, that is so you" through the glass.

Hey! At least I know he's listening to me when I'm talking to him and apparently everyone else too.

1 comment:

Kayris said...

That's so funny. Today, Maureen was chucking her lunch off her tray and Johnny told her, "Maureen! Don't throw food! Do you HEAR ME!" And later, to the cat, who was sitting on top of a toy box, "Jameson! That's not your box to sit on!" It might seem like he is ignoring me, but I guess he listens after all.