Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Fun at the Pool
I took Collin to the pool tonight to play for a while. I've discovered he goes to bed easier if he gets to run around in the sun at the pool for a while after dinner. Anyway, I was sitting in a chair on the edge of the baby pool while Collin was playing happily in the water on the other side of the pool. All of the sudden he went under the water. This is my child who can't stand to have his hair washed because he might get his ears or his face wet. I immediately jumped off my chair and was halfway to him when he popped up and yelled "I did it Mom! I went under water and it wasn't even that scary!" Maybe for you dude, but you just took about 10 years off my life. There was no warning whatsoever that he was going to try that. Normally its all I can do to get him to stick his face in the water to blow some bubbles. I won't panic so much next time but I really thought he was in trouble. It's definately time for swim lessons. The problem with that is finding some that aren't during the week at 10am. I've been looking for programs to get Collin involved in but EVERYTHING is Monday-Friday during work hours. I get that they reserve evenings and weekends for kids who have to be in school during the day but its really not fair to little kids who have parents who have to work. They should be able to have some fun too and there just isn't much available to them. Fortunately, Collin doesn't know what he's missing so its not too big a deal right now. I on the other hand feel guilty because I do know what he could be doing but isn't because I have to work. I have a couple of options to look into for swim lessons (they are rediculously expensive though) but if anyone knows of a soccer program for 3 year olds, please let me know because he's dying to play.
Labels:
Collin; Summer Fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Depending on how often you are at your mom's, you may look at the North Arundel Aquatic Center right up there by Phirne road. I took Ky there twice a week, and the program is very good. Not to mention there is plenty of other stuff for you and Nick to do while you wait on him.
http://www.aacounty.org/RecParks/swimcenters/aquaticcenter/index.cfm
I've seen some stuff out in our neck of the woods for 3 year olds- I am sure you can find something near you. Have you checked in Baltimore's Child magazize? They usually have it at grocery stores or Babies R Us- it's one of those free mags as you walk out- they normally have a great list of places.
Severn / Arundel area has a soccer program for kids as young as 3. And I'm right there with you in your frustration about the swim lessons and other stuff.
[Jane's sister]
Post a Comment