Nick's Baptism turned out to be very nice, despite a few minor mishaps. Like the fact that we were running late and so was everyone else and I think the priest thought we weren't coming. And the fact that it rained. Everything ended up just fine though. The ceremony was very nice and Nick was exceptionally well behaved. He didn't cry at all. I can't say the same of his brother. I don't think he actually cried, but he ran all over the church and called out during the ceremony. I was really embarrassed. When the priest asked what name we gave our son we told him "Nicholas Timothy" but he later referred to him as Nicholas and Collin yelled at the top of his lungs that it was Nicholas Timothy. My dad teased me months ago when I kept putting of Nick's baptism for various reasons that poor Nick would be walking to his baptism. Sure enough, he is walking like a champ now. He's been taking steps here and there for a while now but this past week or so he's really taken off.
Since we waited so long to baptise Nick we decided to combine it with his birthday since they fell so close together. The party was a lot of fun. Once the rain stopped we were able to go outside and the kids got on the moon bounce. I wouldn't be a party if Collin didn't take his pants off. Since he was playing outside his pants wound up soaking wet and he removed them. He did at least leave his underwear on. Tim was going to put new ones on him but we quickly realized that would be pointless if he was going to play outside some more as his pants would just get wet again and he would take them off again. When it came time for the cake we sang happy birthday to Nick and put his little cake in front of him but he wanted nothing to do with it. I think he was just overwhelmed by the whole experience. The next evening I put him in his high chair and gave him his cake again. He quickly decapitated the bear and made short work of it. All in all, everything went very well. I have to say a huge THANK YOU to Tim's parents who came up early and helped us get everything ready to go, and to my parents for making the ziti and coming over early to help set up and to Tim who is pretty much solely responsible for making the house look nice. I definitely could not have done it without you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment