Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Fluky Milestone
Monday night I gave the boys a bath and in the middle of it, Collin climbed out of the tub, used the potty and got back in to finish his bath. Already squeaky clean, and not to be outdone by his brother, Nick bugged me till I got him out of the tub. As soon as his feet hit the floor he was trying to climb on the potty so I stuck him up there just to see what he'd do. He sat for a couple of minutes and then all of the sudden he actually peed! I made a huge deal out of it and so did Collin. Nick said "icky" and we flushed the toilet. He hasn't tried to sit on a potty since but every time he gets near one he says "icky" and flushes it. Perhaps he will be easier to potty train than Collin was since he has his older brother to imitate. I remember Collin doing this same thing at about the same age and it was a total fluke, he wasn't potty trained till he was almost 3. No real hope of being done with diapers any time soon, but hey, it gives me hope that there is a light at the end of that dark, expensive tunnel.
Labels:
milestones,
Nicholas,
potty training
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! Trent got 1 drop of pee in the potty about 2 weeks ago - and that was the most he's EVER done. I don't think he'll ever be potty trained... the only thing he loves more than a wet Pull Up is a poopy one!!! He has complete control and knows before and after he goes- he just has no desire to use the potty. His middle name should have been Stubborn.
Maureen has started to tell me she needs to poop like 15 minutes before she actually goes. But she won't sit on the potty. She runs out of the room saying, "No poop on potty! All done!" I'm looking forward to the day when we are done with diapers. Go Nick!
Post a Comment