So now that I'm over my irritation with the political process I'll fill you in on a few things my family has been up to lately.
Collin has gotten so good at Wii bowling that he achieved a pro score the other night and was really excited to get the special ball. Unfortunately, he decided it was funny to throw the ball directly into the gutter and promptly tanked his score and lost his pro status. In about 15 minutes he went from a score of 1028 to 640. We spent the evening together tonight, just the two of us. I took him to the mall and got his 'fro cut into a darling little boy cut that shows off his curls, then we played on the play ground and split some pretzel bits (as is our tradition every time we go to the mall) before heading home. We really enjoyed our special time together. I remember that I used to go on "dates" with my Dad when I was little and they meant a lot so I'm going to make sure that I make time to take both of my boys on "dates" and hopefully, they'll have fond memories of that when they're old like me.
Nicholas has several new words. He says cookie, turkey, gobble-gobble, bubbles and eww. I learned that he really knew what kinds of things were eww after I got him out of the bath the other night and didn't get his diaper on quick enough. He left me a GIANT turd at the top of our steps and stood there pointing at it saying eww over and over until I turned around to see what he was talking about. As soon as I realized what he'd done I said eww as well and he gave me the biggest grin, shouted EWW and ran away giggling. He's also starting to get the hang of coloring. Every day when I pick the boys up from daycare Collin proudly shows me the papers he's done that day and Nick does his best to steal those pages. Two days ago when I walked in the door, Nick came running up to me with a paper he had colored with his name on it. He had the biggest grin on his face because he was so very proud of himself. I made a huge deal out of it as well. How has my baby become such a big boy? I'm planning on taking him for his first haircut tomorrow night because I'm getting their pictures taken on Saturday. I'll post pictures of the two of them soon.
On to the four-legged children. Morey is adjusting nicely but he's had a few moments that have made me scream and then laugh. Last night I was lazy and didn't clear the boys plates after dinner. I left them for later and took the boys upstairs to give them a bath. When I came back downstairs I walked into the dining room to find Morey, not just with two feet on the table licking the plates clean but with all four feet on the table. He was just standing there in the middle of my dining room table cleaning my dishes for me. He did get right down as soon as I yelled at him. Later that night I let the dogs out but neither one pooped, really not all that unusual. The corn Morey ate off the boys plates must have made him go because he followed me downstairs to do laundry and pooped in the basement hall. It was his first accident in the house and at least it was poop. His very first accident came when I took him to the vet for his follow up appointment after being neutered. I think leaving the house without Sadie must have freaked him out because he peed on the front passenger seat in my van an the way there. I'll take poop over pee any day, so much easier to clean up. This afternoon the boys were playing outside for a bit before we went in to let the dogs out. Morey must have heard us because I walked by the house and realized my blind was funky so I took a closer look. What I saw was a pair of paws and a little brown nose peaking between the slats trying to see what we were doing. Very cute! He starts his dog training classes soon. Tim went to the first class this week. It was just lecture so Morey had a temporary reprieve got to stay home. The woman teaching it has over 40 years experience training dogs so we're looking forward to Morey completing the class successfully.
Tim and I recently celebrated our 7 year wedding anniversary. 7 years, 2 kids, 2 dogs, a dog and a mortgage later I look at our life together and think how lucky we are. It's hard to believe it's been 7 years already, it certainly doesn't feel that long. Just another reminder of how quickly the time goes by. We met more than 10 years ago, that's a full third of my life! I wouldn't trade a moment of it and I look forward to a lifetime of happy anniversary's.
Sadie and Jackson have been on their best behavior. They are tolerating Morey and the kids quite well and are happy and healthy so not much to report there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
7 YEARS!?!?!? Wow I can't believe it's been that long! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment